Position title: Assistant Professor (Biomedical Engineering)
Phone: (608) 316-4313
4168 Wi Inst For Discovery
- Saha Lab
We utilize quantitative and bioengineering methods to advance the next generation of cell and gene therapies.
- We develop new tools and insights into the editing of the human genome.
- Cells are living drugs that can be difficult to generate, scale-up, and quality control. Projects include monitoring and controlling the heterogeneity during gene modification and scale-up of stem cells and T cell immunotherapies (e.g., CAR T cells).
- We are using customized biomaterials and genome editing to generate new human cell-based models of inherited disorders.
- Cellular reprogramming can generate important resources for regenerative medicine and drug discovery, but can proceed inefficiently and in a stochastic manner.
- We seek to understand the dynamic and heterogeneous processes by which novel bioengineered objects get imbedded into law and policy.