The following information is needed for the general application to the UW-Madison Graduate School
- Application (Deadline: December 1st)
- Submit the UW-Madison Graduate School Application online
- Indicate Department or Major Field of Study: “Cellular and Molecular Pathology 149”
- You will need 3 letters of recommendation. (List names and e-mails of 3 references who will submit electronic letters of recommendation. Letters should be from people familiar with your research and scholastic qualifications)
- TOEFL scores are sent electronically from ETS to the Graduate School at UW-Madison (Institution code: 1846, no department code required)
- Application fee of $75
- Statement of research interest
- Summary of accomplishments or a CV
- Pathology supplemental application (available through the grad school application)
- TOEFL scores, if applicable
Submit transcript online
- Transcripts must be submitted from each institution that you have attended and listed on your graduate school application (undergraduate and graduate).
- Copies of transcripts must be uploaded to the online application (under APPLICANT’S UPLOADED DOCUMENTS). The program no longer requires mailed hard copy transcripts and will accept only electronic versions for the initial screening.
- If accepted to the program, an official hard copy will be requested.
The Recruitment and Admissions Committee considers all of the above criteria as a whole in recommending acceptance into the Program, as well as the current availability of departmental resources. Students that meet or surpass minimum departmental application standards are reviewed for possible phone or in-person interviews. Applicants who meet the standards but are not initially recommended for admission are placed on a waiting list until the recruitment process is completed, typically in April.